JAMK’s wireless network’s service area covers all campuses.
There are two accessible wlans
- JAMK open and public
- JAMK-N open and public, service area is a little more restricted.
Technical information about wlans
- 802.11b/g standard
- compatible with the wlan card 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11
- net addresses are delivered as dynamic protocol (DHCP)
Base stations are not protected by WEP-method. If encyption is needed SSH and SSL – connections are recommeded.
- WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)
- SSH (Secure Shell)
- SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)