How to publish WWW-pages
To publish web pages, there are several methods.
- If the material is open and it is targeted to particular course-> http://oppimateriaalit.jamk.fi/
- If the material is not open and is targeted to particular course-> http://optima.jamk.fi
- If the material is personal and open -> Please see “How to publish personal web pages” below
How to publish personal web pages
You can publish personal web pages using your homedrive (H:\) :
- Check to see that at the root of your homefolder (“H-drive”) there is a folder called “public.www” that is created automatically. If that folder is missing, please contact helpdesk and ask to create folder structure for personal homesite.
- If and when public.www -folder is available and it has correct trustees configured to it, you can create either index.htm or index.html -file inside it to be used as a frontpage to your site.
- After site has been created, you can access it with address http://homes.jamk.fi/~username. Please notice that all files inside public.www -folder will be public to whole internet.
It is also possible to publish websites using batman.jamk.fi server, which supports for example php and cgi. Detailed information can be found here.