Since autumn 2014, JAMK ICT Services has have been able to provide Office applications through Office365-service to students for free. Free Office package is called Office365 ProPlus and it contains these Office-products: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, InfoPath, Access, Skype for Business, Publisher, OneNote, Teams. Installation is limited to 5 devices at once and student can use these 5 licenses however they choose, as long as their student accounts are active.
Here’s how you can download and install Office:
- Log in to Office365 using your JAMK account (http://o365.jamk.fi)
- Click Office365-link at the top of the page to move to the main page
- Click “Install Office365 ” and choose where you want to save the installation file
- Click “Other Installs” you you want to download older Office or different languages etc.
- Check that your system meets software requirements
- Locate the file you just downloaded on your hard drive and start it
- Follow instructions to complete setup (setup process is almost automatic)
- Start one of Office applications and activate them by your own account when asked (use this form: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Search for “Word for iPad”, “Exel for iPad” and “Powerpoint for iPad” at the Store and install them
- Start one of the programs and activate it using your own account when asked (use this form: email@example.com)
- Search and install “Microsoft Office Mobile” from Google Play Store
- Start the program and activate it using your own account when asked (use this form: firstname.lastname@example.org)